Finest of the Wheat
In the last 45 days we’ve posted the following new items here on FinestOfTheWheat.org and our podcasting site, KernelsOfWheat.com:
New Material from Jim Kerwin
- New Audios: Jim is blogging and doing a podcast called Kernels of Wheat on our podcasting site,
- “A Tithe of a Year.” “Five weeks of sustained blessing.” With those two phrases, Jim Kerwin sums up his recent trip to Nicaragua and Guatemala. Listen to the enthusiastic report in the podcast entitled A Tenth of a Year. Posted on 29 Jul.
- The 1 John podcast series will recommence soon.
New Material from Percy Gutteridge
- New Audio:
“If Christ be not raised, your faith is in vain,” said the Apostle Paul. Percy Gutteridge’s message this month examines some of the false theories paraded against the Resurrection and shows their errors. The Resurrection of Our Lord, its vindication, and its significance for Christians — it’s all there in Grains from Gutteridge episode #23.
Posted on 30 Jul.
New in Powerful Poetry
- New Poetry: I first encountered this William How hymn in Redemption Hymnal, and having learned the melody, it has been one of my favorites ever since (that is to say, for over forty years). This version is far more complete than the lyrics given in RH, and make the subject of How’s hymn—that mystical “communion of the saints”—much clearer and more meaningful. Enjoy For All the Saints. Posted on 01 Aug.
ur purpose at Finest of the Wheat Teaching Fellowship is to help awaken and prepare the Church for the return of the Lord Jesus Christ and to propel Christians toward Christlikeness. Our goal is to declare “all the counsel of God” (Acts 20:27), presenting the truth of God’s Word in context, “rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15).
Far beyond simply conveying Bible knowledge, our earnest desire is to impart spiritual substance to believers who hunger for a deeper walk with the Lord. As Christians learn to listen to the Lord and walk in His ways, they will discover the best God has for them, and find themselves “satisfied…with the finest of the wheat” (Psalm 147:14).
We invite you, dear believer, to reap from Finest of the Wheat the blessings in teaching that draw you to:
- pursue intimate fellowship with God;
- enter into and abide in the fullness of the New Covenant;
- obey God’s Word and the leading of the indwelling Holy Spirit;
- walk in the Light (1 John 1:7) through life-changing repentance and heart purity; and,
- commit to a lifestyle of personal prayer and thorough, disciplined Bible reading and study.
Our Passion and Privilege
Our passion is to bring honor to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Our pledge is to prayerfully present Bible teaching grounded in spiritual and Biblical reality, free from passing trends and fads and “every wind of doctrine” (Ephesians 4:14). We sense the ache the Lord has for His people to be rightly taught and discipled.
Through God’s leading and help, this ministry makes Spirit-inspired, contextually honest, and theologically sound teaching accessible to the Church worldwide.
It is our privilege to present a growing library of the teaching of various ministries, including Percy Gutteridge, Jim Kerwin, Thomas Cook, Isaiah Reid, and others. You will find relevant truth and fresh, quickening illumination from those who are actively teaching and writing, as well as from those who have gone on to be with the Lord.
Are you hungry for God’s Word of Truth and to more intimately know Him and His love? Join the fellowship of those who sing to Jesus:
Hungry, Lord, for Thy Word of Truth,
Sitting at my Savior’s feet;
Rising, gleaning, just like Ruth,
Feed me on the finest of the wheat.
Bread of life it is now to me,
Honey, wine and meat;
In Thy love I will ever be
Fed upon the finest of the wheat!
[From Frederick A. Graves’ hymn
Fed Upon the Finest of the Wheat]
You Can Help…
…by making tax-deductible gifts to this ministry using PayPal.
The “Send” Button
New & FeaturedPoetry: William W. How gives a poetic elucidation to the doctrine of the mystical communion of the saints in his hymn For All the Saints.
Podcast: Percy Gutteridge shares The Resurrection of Our Lord in the Grains from Gutteridge podcast #23.
News: More stories from Jim’s Central America trip. How to get free e-books. It’s all in the latest newsletter, entitled The “Rabbi” Under the Bamboo Trees.
Podcast: Jim Kerwin shares about God’s blessings during his ministry trip to Nicaragua and Guatemala in A Tenth of a Year, Kernels of Wheat Bonus podcast #13.