Finest of the Wheat
In the last 45 days we’ve posted the following new items here on FinestOfTheWheat.org and our podcasting site, KernelsOfWheat.com:
New Material from Jim Kerwin
- Guest Post: I don’t recall ever having had a “guest post” on our Kernels of Wheat site. But what our longtime friend Dave Armstrong shared with us at the dinner table last Thanksgiving impressed me so much that I asked him to write it up so that he could communicate it with a larger audience. Dave, a retired U.S. Navy commander with 27 years of service and numerous deployments, draws from his naval experience to share a vital word about God’s Standing Orders for Spiritual Warfare. Posted on 10 Mar.
- New Audios: Jim is blogging and doing a podcast called Kernels of Wheat on our podcasting site,
- The 1 John podcast series will recommence soon.
New Material from Percy Gutteridge
- New Audio:
“Uh, oh — another message on the parables of Luke 15!” If that was your first thought as you read the title of this podcast, it’s time for an attitude check. And that check would be very appropriate, because in this message, Pastor Percy Gutteridge looks at the different attitudes of the things and persons mentioned by Jesus in these three stories, including the attitudes of the unconverted moral man, the average church member, the devil, a coin, the lost sheep, the lost son, and the angels of God. Along the way, you’ll learn what the coin, the sheep, and the lost son teach us about the stages a sinner may go through in coming to God. It’s all explained in The Three Parables of Loss, in Grains from Gutteridge episode #22.
Posted on 17 Feb.
New in Powerful Poetry
- New Poetry: Augustus M. Toplady draws on Philippians 1:6 ('He who hath begun a good work in you') and several other scriptures as the basis of his hymn, A Debtor to Mercy Alone. Posted on 01 Mar.
- New Poetry: Looking back on God's mercies and looking forward to what live remains to us — and to Jesus’ coming — Charles Wesley exhorts us to Sing to the Great Jehovah’s Praise! Posted on 17 Feb.
ur purpose at Finest of the Wheat Teaching Fellowship is to help awaken and prepare the Church for the return of the Lord Jesus Christ and to propel Christians toward Christlikeness. Our goal is to declare “all the counsel of God” (Acts 20:27), presenting the truth of God’s Word in context, “rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15).
Far beyond simply conveying Bible knowledge, our earnest desire is to impart spiritual substance to believers who hunger for a deeper walk with the Lord. As Christians learn to listen to the Lord and walk in His ways, they will discover the best God has for them, and find themselves “satisfied…with the finest of the wheat” (Psalm 147:14).
We invite you, dear believer, to reap from Finest of the Wheat the blessings in teaching that draw you to:
- pursue intimate fellowship with God;
- enter into and abide in the fullness of the New Covenant;
- obey God’s Word and the leading of the indwelling Holy Spirit;
- walk in the Light (1 John 1:7) through life-changing repentance and heart purity; and,
- commit to a lifestyle of personal prayer and thorough, disciplined Bible reading and study.
Our Passion and Privilege
Our passion is to bring honor to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Our pledge is to prayerfully present Bible teaching grounded in spiritual and Biblical reality, free from passing trends and fads and “every wind of doctrine” (Ephesians 4:14). We sense the ache the Lord has for His people to be rightly taught and discipled.
Through God’s leading and help, this ministry makes Spirit-inspired, contextually honest, and theologically sound teaching accessible to the Church worldwide.
It is our privilege to present a growing library of the teaching of various ministries, including Percy Gutteridge, Jim Kerwin, Thomas Cook, Isaiah Reid, and others. You will find relevant truth and fresh, quickening illumination from those who are actively teaching and writing, as well as from those who have gone on to be with the Lord.
Are you hungry for God’s Word of Truth and to more intimately know Him and His love? Join the fellowship of those who sing to Jesus:
Hungry, Lord, for Thy Word of Truth,
Sitting at my Savior’s feet;
Rising, gleaning, just like Ruth,
Feed me on the finest of the wheat.
Bread of life it is now to me,
Honey, wine and meat;
In Thy love I will ever be
Fed upon the finest of the wheat!
[From Frederick A. Graves’ hymn
Fed Upon the Finest of the Wheat]
You Can Help…
…by making tax-deductible gifts to this ministry using PayPal.
The “Send” Button
New & FeaturedGuest Post: Retired U.S. Navy Commander Dave Armstrong says that every sailor must know his captain's standing orders. Do you know God's Standing Orders for Spiritual Warfare?
Poetry: Augustus Toplady declares that he is A Debtor to Mercy Alone. So say we all!
Podcast: Check your attitude as you listen to Percy Gutteridge's message The 3 Parables of Loss in the latest Grains from Gutteridge podcast #22.
Poetry: Charles Wesley exhorts us to Sing to the Great Jehovah’s Praise!